The Chaucer Freestanding Bathtub
A double ended cast iron bath with a vitreous enamel interior and a fanned base plinth. This bath is available with or without tap holes and can be painted in any colour of your choice. The pewter lustre finish offers a stunning metallic depth that brings the character of the cast iron bateau to life. The bath is painted with a black base before applying several top mist coats using a specialist technique to give the bath its reflective shiny finish.
Cast iron baths are excellent heat conductors and retain the water temperature much longer than acrylic bathtubs. Even after the bath has been emptied it will remain warm to the touch.
Extremely strong and durable, and nearly impossible to scratch or dent, a cast iron bath is the definition of a timeless investment piece. Each cast iron bath comes with gentle undulations as a result of the manufacturing process making each bath unique. The interior is genuine Vitreous Enamel, an ultra-tough and resistant material with a shine finish. Please see the handmade characteristics.
Every bath comes with a 5-year manufacturer's guarantee so you can indulge with confidence. Don't forget to add a bath waste kit - refer to specification for details.
Please note, the pewter lustre finish has a 3-4 week lead time.
The Chaucer Bateau is also available in a bespoke painted finish.
Bath Care Kit
Bath care is an essential part of maintaining the longevity of a white enamel finish. Shop our bath care kit options.
- PFD: Specification, Characteristics
- Product Code: EMP016 & BES003 / EMP018 & BES003 / EMP016 & PNT119 / EMP018 & PNT119
- Dimensions: L 1680 x W 760 x H 675 mm*
- Material: Enamelled Cast Iron
- Style: With or Without Tap Holes
- Finish: Hand Gilded Finish
- Waste: Not included, see details below
- Overflow: Yes
- Weight: 147 kg
- Guarantee: 5 years
*All dimensions are approximate to allow for manufacturing tolerances. Please take this into consideration when planning for your purchase.
The following waste kits are compatible with this bath:
- Exposed Bath Plug & Chain Waste With Overflow Pipe
- Exposed Bath Click Clack Waste With Overflow Pipe
- This bath comes with or without tap holes.
- Taps not included and must be purchases separately.
- For installation advice Hurlingham prior to installation. renaissanceathome