As outlined below, we require your personal details to complete our primary function, fulfilling an order to you. You can choose not to share this information with us, but you may be unable to complete a purchase.
Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
Order & Customer Support Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including debit / credit card numbers, PayPal details), email address, and phone number.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
Using Personal Information
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. We then use this to offer promotions, products and services that are most likely of interest to you, which include but are not limited to the following:
- To load the Site accurately for you,
- To perform analytics on Site usage to optimise our Site,
- To provide customer service and support,
- To provide products or services to you,
- To process your payment information,
- To screen our orders for potential risk or fraud,
- To fulfil our contract to you,
- To arrange for delivery,
- To provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations,
- To communicate with you,
- And when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Sharing Personal Information
We sometimes share your Personal Information with our third party service providers to help us fulfil our services and contracts, as described above. Third parties such as:
- Online store processor
- Shopify - https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- Manufacturers or Suppliers
- As detailed on our Brands page
- Delivery and Logistics Providers
- Various courier services
- Email Service Providers
- Klaviyo - https://www.klaviyo.com/legal
- Customer Service Software Providers
- Finance Providers
- Shopify - https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- Paypal - https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Fraud Prevention & Credit Agencies
- Analytics & Personalisation Software Providers
- Google Analytics - https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
In the cases described, we ask our third party service providers to maintain a set level of security and care with your personal details. Each service provider only has access to the information they require to perform their functions and are not permitted to use this for any other manner. In these cases, service providers process your data in accordance with this notice, and relevant EU and UK law, such as the General Data Protection Regulations.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use Facebook Remarketing to help us promote products which may be of interest to you.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Retention of Data
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
A cookie is a small amount of information that is stored on your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use several different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login details, or items in your cart). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Last updated: November 2020.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, and address this to our Data Protection Officer.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/