The Bijou Freestanding Copper Nickel Slipper Bathtub
If space is at a premium but you have set your heart on a copper bath, then the Bijou compact is the perfect solution. A delightful and enigmatic rounded design personifies this freestanding copper bathtub and is the ultimate in luxurious relaxation. Ideal for sitting up and reading or simply bathing by candlelight, its beautiful proportions and roll top sides allow you to soak away the stresses of the day.
Please note: This copper bath is made to order and has a lead time of c. 6 months.
Made in the traditional hand crafted manner used for centuries, this copper bath comes with gentle undulations and minor colour variations making every bath unique. It is sealed with a hard wearing, protective wax compound to maintain longevity and is hand-polished to achieve a luxurious shine finish. As will all copper baths, this magnificent roll top will acquire a warm patina with age, which only adds to its beautiful character.
Copper baths are excellent heat conductors and maintain the water temperature much longer than cast iron or acrylic bathtubs. Even after the bath has been emptied it will remain warm to the touch. And with antibacterial properties, their resistance to mould and bacteria means you can spend less time cleaning, more time soaking.
Every bath comes with a 5-year manufacturer's guarantee so you can indulge with confidence. Don't forget to add a matching basin waste.
Available in copper-nickel.
The Bijou bath is available in a larger size: 1500x730mm.
Bath Care Kit
Bath care is an essential part of maintaining the longevity of a copper finish. Shop our bath care kit options.
- PDF: Specification, Characteristics
- Product Code: SS034
- Dimensions: L 1250 x W 730 x H 760 mm*
- Material: Unlacquered 16 gauge Copper
- Finish: Polished Copper Outer / Nickel Inner
- Waste: Not included, see details below
- Overflow: No
- Weight: 28 kg
- Guarantee: 5 years
*All dimensions are approximate to allow for manufacturing tolerances. Please take this into consideration when planning for your purchase.
The following waste kits are compatible with this bath:
- The Copper Boat Bath range does not have an overflow.
- The Copper bath range have a hand-polished finish, so there will be undulations and imperfections in the surface. This is part of the character of the baths and should be expected before ordering.
- The copper will start to age over time and gain its own particular patina. Cleaning should only be done with a very mild soap solution and a soft cloth. De-scaling liquids such as Cillit Bang, Viakal etc should never be used. Visit our Bath Care page for further advice.
- It is not possible to fit an overflow filler with this bath.
- Do not cut into the plinth – this will void any guarantee.
- For installation advice please contact Hurlingham prior to installation. renaissanceathome